Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy to be wrong.

I *will* have an interview this month after all. A firm had an ad in the paper last Sunday. I mailed my resume/cover letter to a newspaper mail drop box and got an e-mail today wanting me to confirm for an interview next week.

It's an audit position, which will be new for me. They said they have a lot of interviews to conduct, so my odds are probably not good, but they did decide to interview me which makes me think I could possibly have a shot. You never know about these things. They want someone ASAP and they are already starting their busy season.

The best thing about it would be it would provide the governmental auditing experience that has been tripping me up on these interviews, I would mainly be working on those type of audits.

I'm sure they will find someone else. I am going to conduct an experiment, I am going to be open about my experience with the Big Firm, basically saying that I was a "poor fit," although I may consult with my wife about it first.

I also have a fingerprinting session for one of the peon jobs with the Agency Everyone Hates. So at least there is something going on this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment