Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happily disappointed.

I got an e-mail from that smaller college job, saying they decided to move forward with candidates who were a better match. I have mixed feelings, I didn't want to move back there, but it is a scary indicator. I had all the requirements mentioned in the ad. I'd say the only issues were that my work experience wasn't directly relevant [tax is the accounting equivalent of majoring in English] and that my CPA license was inactive and from another state [but this didn't involve actually practicing public accounting.]

I'm hoping that maybe they were already kind of in the final stages of the recruiting process and didn't really need to consider anyone else. Perhaps my not already living there was a problem too.

What is scary about it is that we've been saying all this time that, "Well, if all else fails I can always move back to my home state and easily find a job there since unemployment is so much lower." Now it looks like that may not work either. I guess I'll go back to my original plan---once unemployment runs out this summer [and I am about to hit the final stage of benefits, so that's coming up] I'll just try to temp and work however I can for however much I can get, and continue to look for full-time work. This is what it's come down to. I am in the exact same position I was in about 15 years ago, before I got on with the Federal Agency Known for Workplace Violence. It's depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment