Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The post-game report.

The interview wasn't bad today---there were two positions, and yep, one was with the exact same interviewer with whom I've met twice previously. Some of the questions were the same, and my answers varied. One of the biggest problems I have is that my primary accounting experience up to this point was at a job where I was not successful, so I don't have anything to talk about as far as achievements at work, ways I've improved things, etc. It was still a major improvement over the previous interviews with the county.

The bright spot is that there were two positions, and I seemed to have a decent rapport with the other two interviewers who were representing the other department, and I did well when answering one of their technical questions. So I guess there is a chance. I've let it up to God---if it works out, it works out. I still had anxiety dreams about the interview all last night, and was still nervous, but in the end, if this doesn't work out, something else will, or if nothing else does we can start working toward getting the heck out of here.

Reading a book about Bobby Fischer and his rise and fall. I love the front and back cover---the front shows young Bobby Fischer at his peak, and the back cover shows a photo of him looking like a lunatic street person.

No comments:

Post a Comment