Friday, July 31, 2020

The Birthday Party

Not the band, though I love them a lot.

My birthday was today. I was alone, but that was fine by me. I actually enjoy my own company and though it would have been fun to spend some time with a couple of the recent acquaintances in my life, I had a fine time on my own. Like many people, I consider my birthday to be basically New Year's. This last year has been a turbulent one to say the least, even if you ignore everything happening in the larger world. Let's be frank. I'm in the process of divorce and moved to a new city a few months ago, took a new job, basically had a lot of major life changes. Had to get used to living alone again. I feel like I've gotten through it really well. I discovered I enjoy living alone. I started dating/chatting online and have made friends all over the world. I've started new types of creative projects I've never done before. In so many ways, life has never been better. My job kind of leaves something to be desired, just due to typical shitty government job onboarding, but that's to be expected.

At any rate, I had fun today, visiting new parts of the city, taking photos, petting a dog, and drinking a lot. Then chatting with friends online. I've been casually dating and I'm sure there will be more of that in the future, but I'm perfectly fine with myself right now. So there....

No comments:

Post a Comment