Monday, September 21, 2026

Sick

I seem to catch a cold every couple of months now, I blame the return to office mandate. Usually it results in my having to cancel something I was looking forward to, this time it was meeting a friend who was in town, thankfully they're returning in a month. I'm mostly over it now, got to work from home the last couple of work days. It's the busy time of year and I had to work a few hours over the weekend. But I figure it will help pay for a hiking vacation I'm taking in a few weeks, assuming I don't get sick again.

Been reading a lot of the literary/social critic Olivia Laing, highly recommend her book The Lonely City: Adventures in the Art of Being Alone. She is so good at weaving her personal story with profiles of artists and writers. I'm now reading an earlier book, The Trip to Echo Spring: On Writers and Drinking. Both my writing and my drinking have been somewhat lax lately. Hoping to at least get a good hike in maybe weekend after next. Meanwhile, it's reading and dog petting, and trying to recover from the working days and weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment