Monday, August 2, 2010

The road ahead....or behind.



So there is a brief hope now that I might get a call from the Federal Agency that Everyone Hates. It has to do with my online status on the government jobs website, which changed on Friday. I won't go into all the details, but the status change is something that has happened to those who have gotten tentative offers from them. However, it is Monday and the time frame for phone calls has passed for the day [they're on the East Coast and knock off around 4:30 or so.] Nothing to do but wait.
If I haven't heard anything in about a week and a half, that's it for them until probably next year. They do a fall hire, but it's usually more limited as to location and I don't believe the place I live has ever been included.

No contact regarding my interview last week, but of course, I wasn't expecting to hear anything. I have also never heard about the interview I had about a month ago, I assume that train has long left the station.

The unemployment extension passed and for once time is on my side in that I should be able to move through the next two tiers of extended benefits before I have to worry about them renewing any kind of unemployment benefits, which I believe will last me until early next year.

I have to face the very real possibility that I may never find work here. I may have to relocate and basically put my marriage on hiatus for a few years in order to work.
I'm hoping like hell that doesn't happen and that something comes up over the next few months, but if nothing has changed by the end of this year I may need to start making preparations to move. My parents live in a state with a slightly better economy than here [although not nearly as much business activity.] Wages are a lot lower so I will probably need to live with them in order to make ends meet while I gain experience.

We will see what happens.

I registered inactive for my CPA. I need to finish the continuing ed, but the material makes my eyes glaze over. I know I need to finish it sometime this month, though, it is not good to have "De Minimis, CPA (Inactive)" on your resume.

My birthday was last weekend. My thirties are close to being over. I have not accomplished much at all. But I've already talked about that enough already.

No comments:

Post a Comment