Monday, September 27, 2010

Beyond pissed.

So I had heard it through the internet grapevine that the Federal Agency Everyone Hates was going to do another posting today for the job that I failed to get back in July. They hire twice a year, this posting would be for the Spring hire. The grapevine was correct, I checked this morning to find a new posting. As I read it, I noticed something was wrong.

My city was not listed on there. Neither was any city in a 200 mile radius of me. I have been applying to these things for over two years now, ever since I started at the Big Firm and figured out that I wasn't going to make it there. This has never happened before. The cities listed are all in a distant part of the state, or cities in other parts of the country. So I can forget all about that. There's supposed to be another posting for a different job in about a month, guess we'll see what happens with that. I will not have another shot at this particular job until April, and who knows, they may just do the same thing again. So much for all those agents they supposedly needed.

I am extremely disappointed right now. I know I'm in the running for another job with them, but I had hoped to have more than one iron in the fire. Oh well, at least I no longer have to be in a rush to get my CPA license reactivated.

In other news, I got turned down for the job I interviewed for earlier this month. I knew by now that I was no longer in consideration for it just due to the lack of response, but it's still never fun to learn for sure that yet again, I have been deemed not good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment