Thursday, September 2, 2010

I know the drill....

Got a call today regarding one of my job applications, and I supposedly have an interview tomorrow. I'm waiting to get some kind of "e-mail invite" with more info, but have yet to receive it. I'll probably call later today if I don't receive it.

This is allegedly accounting but is more of a credit/collections type job. It will be a lot of phone work, but it won't be any worse than working for the Federal Agency Everyone Hates, and I was willing to do that.

I'm going in with a pretty nonchalant mindset, I will do my best, but be relaxed. I'm actually more interested in another job that I'm about to send the application for. Unfortunately I may need to cancel travel plans for next week with my wife until this all gets sorted out. The other job I'm more interested in involves work I would probably rather do, but it is a bit of a drive.

Just glad that I'm getting responses. I have a feeling that time is short as far as getting a job this year, if last winter is any indication. I've been let down too much before to get too hopeful. All I can do is control my own performance, and remember that I'm interviewing them as much as they are interviewing me. I do think that those horrible government interviews of the spring and summer are good preparation, it makes more casual, traditional interviews a lot easier to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment