Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Batching it.

Sitting at home, watching bad movies like HORROR PLANET, an ALIEN rip-off where some lady in outer space gets knocked up by an alien. The mother-to-be then proceeds to attack and eat her crewmates, after all, she’s eating for two…so far, my description makes it sound better than it actually is. Very cheap sets, bad dubbing, terrible dialogue, etc. Would be more fun with alcohol, but I’m going to get some labs done tomorrow so I am done with anything but water until around 9 AM tomorrow.

Applied to some other government jobs, and got some news about one of the ones I applied to earlier—I’m “tentatively qualified” and soon it will be time for the next stage, the interview. When it will be, I’m not sure, I’m trying to at least get an estimate of it.
This will probably be my best chance this year. Supposedly they had a hard time getting enough qualified applicants for my area, and this is entry level. I’ve interviewed twice before with this agency, so I should have a decent shot since I kind of know what they’re looking for. [I didn’t make it the first time because of various snafus and mix-ups due to my interviewing someplace other than the office to which I’d applied. I didn’t make it the second time because they only had one vacancy and I think they were put off by the fact that I was going to be relocating from out of state just to work there.

So just a quiet evening of reading, watching stuff, and a few chores here and there.


And hey, looks like this is post #50!

No comments:

Post a Comment