Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sort of good news....

...I guess. For the very first time, I have completely filled out my job search form on my unemployment continuing claim forms, which means I have applied to 10 jobs in less than two weeks. In the past, I have been doing well if I could find five jobs, and many times I only found four [which I think is the minimum requirement.] A lot of those times I did not actually apply to a job, I only submitted a resume to a firm or company who did not appear to be actively hiring anyone. This was especially common in the winter months. All of these are actual jobs, although around half of them are government type jobs where I may never hear anything. But at least half of them are local.

Will it amount to anything? Who knows, but at least it's something, and maybe a sign that hiring is picking up, even in this economic cesspool that I call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment