Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Recruiter Runaround....part two.

So looks like I *probably* have an interview tomorrow through the recruiter who apparently has the flakiest client ever. I'm hoping this won't be as big of a waste of time as my last recruiter-arranged interview was [with the old guy who wanted me to buy his tax practice in a few years.] This is non-public accounting, supposedly entry level, but I am really put off by the difficulty we've had in getting the interview together. It really seems like the interview is not a priority for the client, and even now, we're meeting in a Starbucks, after the recruiter originally wanted us to meet at 5 PM in their offices. What type of place is this where the person can't take one hour out of the workday to interview someone?

I'm not optimistic that this will be a good opportunity, but I'm really starting to grasp at straws here, and at least it's not public accounting. But it may also not be the long-term experience that I really need to get established. It will also mean a goodbye to working in public accounting, although I do not really have a problem with that. I'm just hoping it isn't horrible to where it is another bad experience that ends up messing things up years later, similar to the Big Firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment