Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The waiting game, accelerated...

Interview went really well, but the guy [he's the controller] is concerned that I might leave when the economy picks up. The recruiter is actually going to really work to get me hired [mainly because the only other finalist is not going through a recruiter.] I should hear something in a couple of hours. It sounds like a great opportunity, with a lot of training and support. And it is not public accounting!

He apologized profusely about all the delays, which pretty much made up for it. I think it probably was better that we were at the Starbucks, we were able to talk together and get it over with.

I should know something in a couple of hours. He has to meet with the GM, and then will contact the recruiter, who has already followed up with me [and he spoke with her after the interview both about what he is enthusiastic about and his concerns.]

Things may be changing very soon, I hope. I'm going to allow myself at least to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment