Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Even in dreams....

You know when you are in an argument or disagreement with someone, and later you think, "I should have said this...." It's even happening to me in my dreams. Last night I dreamt I got into an argument with a letter carrier. I mentioned to him that I used to work for the Post Office but quit, and he started berating me about how stupid I was for quitting the Post Office, what a great job it was, etc. Probably my subconscious.
I tried to explain that my job wasn't as good as his seemed to be, and he said something about how all jobs at the Post Office were the same and none of them were any worse than any of the others.

Anyway, he left, and I realized I should have told him that my first job I got after going back to school paid 20k more per year than my job at the Post Office, and also didn't involve me working weekends [usually] or non-standard hours [other than busy season.] But alas, the opportunity was gone.

We're hoping the jobs in my home state do not contact me, I think we've realized that it would just be too difficult for me to be that far away, both emotionally and logistically. Hoping to hear something about an exam for one of the county jobs this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment