Tuesday, July 13, 2010

State of the Dis-Union.

I originally called this "75 posts" but it turns out I mis-read my Dorkography and this was more like 65 posts.

Sometimes I think about the purpose of this blog. I am doubtful whether "anyone is out there," and I guess this is about the same as writing in a Word file or what have you.
But I like the idea that this is available for people out there to read, even if no one ever does.

Doing some travelling next week, it will be a nice change of pace. I haven't really traveled anywhere [outside the immediate region] since last fall when I visited my hometown for my grandmother's funeral. Haven't even been to the larger cities within 2-3 hours of here.

No word on the county job, as I said, I'm not optimistic anymore so I will just consider it a pleasant surprise if I get a call. Someone did call today and I got momentarily excited, but then it turned out it was a recruiter [more vague promises, although give them kudos for keeping in touch.]

Allegedly, an unemployment extension may pass next week, which will give breathing room for most of the rest of the year---I will be able to move on to the next "tier" of unemployment benefits, and possibly the one after that.

One of my favorite writers just passed away, and I will write about that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment