Monday, July 12, 2010

On to the next thing.

The county is supposed to let me know this week, we'll see. If I don't hear anything at all I'll assume I didn't get it.

A place I used to work at during grad school is hiring a bookkeeper, so I'm going to try that. It's a non-profit so the pay will be low but it is more in line with what I feel is my career goal these days. When I worked there before it wasn't in accounting/finance so it may be different this time. We will see what happens.

The Senate is back this week, so the whole unemployment extension drama will start again. It was kind of nice to not have to worry about it last week since they were on vacation. No idea what will happen, people have said "don't worry, they'll pass it," but they were saying that weeks ago and now millions of people have lost their benefits. If I do end up losing them I will probably try to temp and hopefully that can at least help out a little. Our income will be curtailed quite a bit at that point. I'm trying not to worry, but it is hard not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment