Sunday, March 8, 2020

It's all happening....

In a month or so, my whole life will be different.

What I had is fading away just like the radio signal as I drive to whatever lies ahead. Memories like the ghost voices from faraway places that somehow make their way to me in the middle of the night. It’s a frequency that reaches me only at night, when sound travels differently. News of people and places I don’t know and never will. Songs and singers that seem familiar but don’t quite sound right, like half-realized cover versions.

It's odd how life works. You want something for years and years, you move on and forget about it, then somehow it comes to you when you're not even sure if you want it anymore.

I'm going back to a lifestyle I had for my young adult years. I feel like it's a revival of a TV show but with the original actors. With no acknowledgement that the actors have aged or changed in anyway. Senior citizen Henry Winkler in his old leather jacket, risking injury when he smacks that jukebox at Arnold's.

No comments:

Post a Comment