Saturday, February 13, 2021

Stillness.

It snowed and it's the first time I've lived someplace with snow for about 5-6 years Thankfully, no need to get out in it unless I want to. Three day weekend but I'm stuck at home due to the weather and transit being shut down. Hopefully by Monday I might able to at least go somewhere else.
I often feel like a fugue took place in 2003 and I woke in 2020 in another state, older, with a different job. "I used to be darker, then I got lighter, then I got dark again..." My ex used to work in a nursing home and often spoke in horror about a patient who suddenly had a psychotic break one day and no longer recognized his family. I don't feel like the same person I was a year ago, for good and for bad. There's one good thing about being alone, there's no one to define you. It's easier to write your own story, wahtever that might be. Not that I write much these days.

I need to view this weekend as an opportunity to just be still, and think, and decide what's valauble, and how I want to write my story going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment