Sunday, February 13, 2011

The race is on....

Found a job over the weekend with one of the counties here in this area. Great pay, and I meet the requirements. Biggest plus is that it is located in one of the few areas in this state where my wife and I would like to live. But...it is with a county government, and who knows how long they'll take to do anything. There will probably be another exam, and then eventually an interview. By the time all of that happens I might end up getting one of the jobs in my home state.

I'm hoping that I will at least be able to interview for this new county position assuming I am able to get to that stage, that way I could hopefully make an informed decision. Worse came to worse, I could renege on the university job and move back here and work for the county. If I were able to choose, I would rather stay here...the more I think about it, the more I hate the idea of moving, but if I get a job there, I have to do it. I view it as what I have to do because of the poor decisions I made over the last few years.

Of course, all of this assumes that I'm a contender for one of the jobs in my home state, which is also a big assumption.

No comments:

Post a Comment