Friday, February 11, 2011

The turnaround....

Well, maybe.

I was poking around and saw a job at the college at the smaller town to where I'm considering relocating. They want someone with a CPA, a master's, and a year of experience. Perfect. I called to see if the job was still open [the filing date had passed on the website] and was told that as long as the job was on the website they were still looking at people. So I applied. I'll be surprised if this doesn't result in at least an interview...I've made it clear that I'm originally from the area and am looking to move back, and it seems like they are having trouble filling the position [I'm guessing that most CPAs have way more experience and don't want to work that level of job with that level of pay or live in that area...I happen to be the exception!]

Guess we shall see. It's interesting to note that since I've decided to focus on jobs back in my home state I have found two okay prospects and one great prospect in one week.

This enthusiasm is tempered of course by my desire to stay with my wife, and I guess that's something I will just have to get over.

No comments:

Post a Comment