Thursday, December 30, 2021

The better and worse of 2021....

Better: Movie theaters being open, being able to finally go out with a group of people.

Worse: My job has become more difficult in just about eveyr possible way over 2021, and I think I'm going to need to leave in 2022, one way or another.

Better: Lots of new online friendships.

Worse: Not really any in-person friendships, other than some people here I met online that I occasionally see [and they are awesome people.]

Better: Got to see my family a couple of times.

Worse: Not really able to relate well to them, and my hometown has gotten really depressing to visit to where I don't think I want to do it anymore.

Better: Vaccinated and boosted.

Worse: Don't think we're ever really getting out of this. 2021 wasn't much better than 2020, and I don't expect 2022 to be any different.

Better: Lots of travel plans for 2022.

Worse: Not sure if they're going to actually happen....

So my mental state is a little better than last year at this time, probably because I'm able to go out more. I feel some dread at how my life may end up long term. I don't see much changing, but I suppose it still can. In the words of a great philosopher, maybe partying will help...

No comments:

Post a Comment