Saturday, January 1, 2022

What do we talk about now?

I've never felt like completely throwing in the towel here. Any long lapses have been due to inattention instead of a deliberate decision to stop, though I believe I did have a couple of "goodbye" posts several years back. I know at one point the job search got so depressing that I didn't want to write about it anymore. As far as my recent output, things get really repetitive around late 2020, and I don't know if I've ever really gotten it back on track.

New Year's was New Year's. Spent it chatting with different people on different platforms, all on my phone. My weekly report usually has me with at least 8-9 hours of phone usage per day, sometimes more. Maybe if I were the type to make resolutions, one of them would be to use the phone less, but it's really my lifeline. So probably not happening.

I'm still looking for that exciting book that can make me forget everything. It's getting harder to find. I'm hopeful that something is actually going to get better this year. eew job, travel plans. Something.

I don't really have a clear favorite book this past year. I enjoyed THE SENTENCE by Louise Erdrich, and liked OUR COUNTRY FRIENDS by Gary Shteyngart. The new Franzen was pretty good. I liked Colson Whitehead's THE HARLEM SHUFFLE. The Sylvia Plath biography RED COMET. Enjoyed S.A. Cosby's RAZORBLADE TEARS, and I won't even go into all of the older books I read. The libraries fullly reopened this year and that really helped me make it through. The curbside ordering they were doing in 2020 was much appreciated but there's something about being able to browse.

Still fooling with the dating apps, know I should stop, but just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in....

No comments:

Post a Comment