Monday, June 21, 2010

I don't like Mondays....

Not feeling good today. Just a lot of stuff piling up.

Starting to not look good as far as unemployment benefits being extended. Apparently they actually only have the end of the month before they go into recess for the summer, and I don't know where they are at. The media no longer seems interested, so it is hard to find information, even online.

Don't know if things are ever going to start happening with the one government job I am best qualified for. I participate on a message board for federal hopefuls, and no one has had any kind of interview scheduled. I guess that's better than hearing that others have had things scheduled and that I have been left out. Still, it has been a long while since there has been any kind of activity as far as jobs go. I've had one agency express interest but all agencies always express interest initially.

Not sure when this is going to end. My wife and I discussed the possibility of my moving to another city to work. This is something I did a few years ago and was a huge mistake, which I've written about extensively. I swore that I would not do anything like that again, but I may not have any choice if it comes to the point where it's either move or never really get back into the job market at all. Not sure what to do. My wife has a job here so if I did move it would mean living apart for years.

Just feel like there is not one single area of my life that I feel happy about right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment