Friday, October 22, 2010

Another setback.

I got my results for the online assessment for the slightly less desirable job for the Federal Agency Everyone Hates [FAEH], and they were not good. They have 3 categories, A, B, and C, and as you can guess, A is good, B is not as good, etc. I ended up getting a C.

Why I got that, I don't know. Perhaps what they are looking for is different than with the other jobs I've applied for in the past [where I always got an A.] I obviously didn't do as well as I thought.

Anyway, I'm about to take another assessment for a different job, we will see how it goes.

The C is moot anyway, because apparently now the FAEH is having budget problems and hiring for that job has been delayed. But as a Category C, I have no chance at it anyway.

At this point, I am really hoping for the seasonal position to work out. I don't want to move away. I'm also trying to look at factories in the area that might have openings. I will do whatever I can.

Just finished another tier of unemployment benefits, I should move on to the next tier with no problem. After that, things get dicey.

The Father-in-Law is off on another gambling trip. Driving through the snow, getting very little in the way of comps, just for the privilege of losing hundreds of dollars. And also complaining that the several hundred dollars he has to spend on gambling isn't enough.

Gotta go do my assessment. It will be interesting to see if much has changed from when I did it nearly two years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment