Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Talk about turnaround time....

Had the interview today, I thought it went well. Actually, I know it did, we had a good rapport, but when I sent the thank you e-mail this afternoon [very important to do this] they responded and said that one of the applicants already had this type of audit experience [it's a pretty specific area] so they went with that candidate. They were already starting busy season and had to hire someone quickly because they had just fired an auditor who wasn't working out. The interviewer said they both thought I had a lot of potential, but since it was busy season and they wouldn't have time to train, they thought it best to go with someone who already had this type of experience [and they mentioned that they rarely run into experienced candidates.] Fine. The job had a lot of travel and a lot of time spent cramped in rooms with co-workers, so it might not have been the best fit anyway.

Anyway, I think this is some kind of record, basically from interview to rejection in less than six hours. I certainly wouldn't mind working with these people, though, if things don't work out with this new hire. They seemed nice and I really appreciate them letting me know right away instead of not responding for weeks.

I got a rejection last week for a job that I'd forgotten about [some lower level accounting position with a county agency.] Oh well, hopefully I can find a couple more things to apply to this week. When I heard how much travel was involved I started to worry that I would get the job, so it's probably best that it worked out like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment