Monday, May 2, 2011

Heading home....

We made a big decision last week, that we are going to move back to my home state, and I'm hoping that we will be able to be in the city where I used to live.

So the job search is kinda-sorta suspended, as we get closer to my UE running out I will start trying to find temp work and hope to be able to at least make enough per month to cover my various credit bills. I still have two jobs pending [the last county job and one other that has not contacted me about an interview]and if I do manage to get one of those we will change our plans accordingly. Other than that, I am no longer actively seeking full time permanent employment. Shhh! Don't tell the unemployment people!

Long story short, we've never liked it here, and were only here for reasons that we couldn't do much about. That situation has changed, so after eight years it is finally time to go. Really hoping to move later this year, although more realistically it will probably be sometime next year. Have a lot of stuff to take care of, and no one to help us with it. Junk won't sell itself, and neither will houses. Especially in this crap market.

It's good to finally have a clear goal to work toward. I feel like I've been spinning my wheels for the last few years.

Professionally, I'm going to work toward getting my license active here, and then getting reciprocity with my home state.

In other news, I finally managed to change a flat tire after a few risky, failed attempts, so I am feeling pretty good about myself for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment