Monday, May 23, 2011

So...

I got turned down for the last county interview, which wasn't a real surprise. They are either about to or already have enacted a hiring freeze, so a job there was unlikely to be in the cards anyway. I'm not all that upset by it. I guess I'm getting used to things not working out, which is both good and bad. It's good that I can adjust to setbacks, but it's bad that I think I'm kind of used to losing out on things now.

Only about eight weeks to go of unemployment, and I think I'm going to start looking at making the transition to finding temp work soon. Back when I had months and months to go of unemployment, it made sense to hold out and try to find full time permanent work, but now I'm not risking much by taking a temporary job. Plus since we're looking at trying to get out of here, temporary work may be the way to go anyway.

I started SKIPPY DIES last week and am about a fifth of the way through. Glad I tried it again, I really enjoy it.

I tried to read THE PALE KING, an unfinished DAVID FOSTER WALLACE book, but just can't get into it. It has a lot of things about taxes and the IRS, so you'd think I'd be one of the few people out there who would be able to appreciate it, but...guess not.

Have a lot of household tasks, phone calls to make, etc. I'll still try to blog at least once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment