I miscalculated yesterday's plans, and should have hiked. The weather was beautiful and I wandered around the Kerns/Sunnyside neighborhoods but had my usual issue of needing to wait for places to actually open. Today it's raining a lot, and though in theory hiking in the rain can be fine in the right circumstances, I'm not up to it today. Tomorrow should be better, and I can spend the afternoon napping, reading, and figuring out where to go.
I started Yesteryear, and it is a fast read but I am not sure whether I'm going to like it, it seems really heavyhanded yet unsure of what statement it's trying to make at the same time. I am interested enough to keep going, so that works in its favor.
I really have trouble just sitting and doing nothing. I don't know when that started, but I get depressed unless I have really solid plans to do something, and to have everything play out as I imagined it. I waste a lot of my time ruminating over past minor decisions. "I should have hiked today." "I should have eaten somewhere else/ordered something else." "I should have gone elsewhere." It is all very exhausting. It may be time to nap soon.
Sunday, September 6, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment