Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Deaf Sentence

...is the title of a book by David Lodge, a British author I had not heard of. I saw the book in the store last week and liked the look of it, so I checked it out from the library. Just started it, it's funny but reads a lot like the average conversation with my father-in-law.

I never write about coffee, even though it is one of my favorite things. I used to like 7-11 coffee due to its price and the variety available, but have been off of it lately. It's starting to all taste the same. The main reason I am avoiding the 7/11 though is that I am tired of being panhandled and freaked out by scary meth head type people every time I go there.

I also tend to start avoiding places when the clerk/staff get a little too familiar with me and my comings and goings, asking personal questions, etc. That's just me.

Went to Starbucks today for that extra cup of coffee [we make coffee every morning but I always want more, and some different variety than what we have] only to find they have raised their coffee prices to the point where I ended up just getting a mocha latte because it costs the same. Won't be going back any time soon.

Wound up getting some Earl Grey tea from Trader Joe's, I'm just going to make a cup in the afternoons. It'll also save money, because even 7/11 coffee adds up if you get it every single day.

I'm trying not to think too much about the interview. I am preparing for it, but trying not to obsess, because I think I may not do as well if I do that. I'm a great fit for this, and need to let them know that. Need to review a few items about the basics of governmental accounting, read up more on the agency, and so on. I don't know if they will hand me a sheet of paper and tell me to answer the questions on it or if it will be a more informal interview, either way, I want to be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment