Thursday, January 27, 2011

A change of mind....

I ended up applying for the job way out of state today. Odds are good that I won't even get a response. I think if I actually lived in the area I might, because I'm actually a decent fit for the position.

Of course, the fact that I dread the idea of going over there may result in my actually getting the job. I'd have to fly over, rent a car, and then try to purchase a car on short notice. It would be too risky to take the car I'm driving now, although it's been pretty serviceable to me in the past few years [only having to be in "full time" use during my year at the Big Firm, and getting mostly light usage the rest of the time.] Don't know if it could handle a four day drive cross country, or if it would last long afterward.

It would just be so hard, though. I know no one there, have never been there, and would be totally alone.

Oh well, I will worry about it if they call about an interview. The job has been posted since summer so I'm guessing it might either be non-existent or have some other issue where it isn't going to be filled.

No comments:

Post a Comment