Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The shoemaker's kids go barefoot.

I'm a little better than when I last wrote. I just have to believe there is something out there somewhere. We're continuing to discuss thing about that job, but I'm guessing I'm not going to apply. The job was posted back in August so I suspect there is something not right about it anyway.

Re-reading SCHULZ AND PEANUTS. I have a copy boxed up somewhere but I just checked it out from the library.

We're going to owe quite a bit of tax this year. So much for my stellar tax planning skills. I still put "Accountant" as my occupation on my tax return even though I haven't actually done accounting work since March of 2009 [I was fired in early summer of that year, but I had absolutely no work to do after around mid-March. I counted it up, and I worked approximately two months out of the year I was there.] We owe because we had to cash out our remaining retirement accounts last year in order to pay property taxes and homeowner's insurance. I've had to cash out everything over the last couple of years. My mistake of working for the Big Firm is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment