Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday morning blues....

My wife and I didn't get enough sleep, there were too many things we had to do to prepare for the next day. I have some outdoor chores to do [mainly clean up dog poop for our lawnmower guy] but I found a new federal job to apply to so I'm working on that while writing this. We still have dial-up so things take an eternity to load, and we have bad luck with pages loading sometimes.

I figure I will still continue to apply for jobs and do my unemployment paperwork until I actually start working again. There's always some federal job or accounting firm or other place where you can guarantee that you won't actually hear anything in the near future. I specialized in doing that type of thing back when we thought we were going to relocate, before my wife got her job.

I'll start kind of "expecting" a call starting around mid-morning, that is, be in a state of readiness for it. They didn't give me a real timeframe other than "we want someone ASAP, but the gaming license business slows things down..." I've looked around at other tribal commissions' gaming license procedures [they vary by tribe] and I'm thinking I will probably have to put down contact info for my crazy landlady.
I guess I will explain the situation to the investigator ahead of time, and let them know that she is likely to say anything. Hopefully the other landlords I've had in the recent past who love us will make up for it. I figure they are looking more for criminal history, credit problems, child support issues, etc. Whatever issues I might have will probably seem pretty minor. The HR guy couldn't believe I didn't have *any* criminal stuff at all. "At all? Not even a DUI?" So I think I probably don't have much to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment