Friday, April 2, 2010

Onward!

So, no call today. It's okay, I'm focusing on completing the next couple of job applications. I feel like things *might* be turning around a bit, at least for my field if not for the local economy in general, because I have never had a period where I've had so many irons in the fire. I'm hoping for a productive spring and summer as far as job hunting. And perhaps even job finding!

I complain a lot about things that have happened, but I do feel like my education and experience do give me a lot of opportunities, even if things haven't yet turned around.

In addition, I have library books to read and discuss. Just picked up a substantial bio of Winston Churchill [speaking of stiff upper lips], a book on the 1920s, and a couple of other things. Perhaps tomorrow.

My wife had a pretty good first day, some things she doesn't like, but I think she'll do a great job and they are lucky to have her. I think they may be a bit too casual in their approach to certain things and she is used to a more professional environment, which is how she likes to approach her work. Something we definitely like is that since the building she works in houses a lot of state offices, she gets the benefit of Furlough Fridays [our state makes all their employees take off the 1st and 3rd Friday of each month] without having to take a pay cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment