Thursday, December 23, 2010

Well, how did it go?

The interview went pretty well. They had some "behavioral" questions they were supposed to use, but no one did, so the interviews were more like conversations. I met with three people, one at a time. The last interview was with the owner. They are probably looking to hire more than one, so that will probably work in my favor. And also, my CPA may actually help, because a lot of people here don't have it. I was told that having it inactive wouldn't be an issue so long as I eventually got it reactivated
over that year.

I should hear something right after New Year's. It will be a lot of work, more than I got at the Big Firm. I will be responsible for a lot more than I was there--they expect people to be involved in projects from start to finish, and everyone has to deal with clients. I figure it will be a good test to see for certain if I can actually do public accounting.

The Big Firm experience actually may help [at least on paper.] This place is operated more like a larger firm, except it has fewer people so I can actually get to know everyone and maybe be able to "network" successfully.

I figure if it's the right thing, it will happen.

I also got a tentative offer for one of the seasonal jobs with the IRS, but I'm probably going to turn it down. The shifts don't work with our schedule, and now that unemployment is passed for the rest of the year I don't think I need to make that kind of compromise. The work isn't really something that would help me in the future, either [it's not working as an agent or any kind of permanent gig.]

No comments:

Post a Comment