Monday, September 13, 2010

Sweet freedom....

Picked up Jonathan Franzen's FREEDOM today, barely got started but it's good so far. I had a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. Starbucks....I never used to go there, now I go there at least once a week, more if I'm waiting around when travelling with my wife.
I try to cut costs in other ways in order to justify going there, like letting my car go without being washed for an extra week or two, getting one less gallon of gas, etc.
I'll be happy when I have a job again, assuming that ever happens, so I can indulge guilt free.

I also checked out the latest Jo Nesbo [the "o" in Nesbo should be some kind of weird Scandinavian "O" but I am not ASCII proficient enough to be able to use that.] He is a Norwegian mystery writer, known mainly for his series involving the alcoholic detective Harry Hole [okay, I know it sounds funny.] I prefer his stuff to the Stieg Larson books [GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, etc.,] I read the first one of those and also saw the first film and remain unimpressed.

I am caffeinated so I am hoping for a good rest of the day. Maybe I will hit Starbucks again this afternoon just in case I have a letdown.

I am irritated by the board of accountancy, apparently I have to finish a ton of CPE to get my license active again, I will have to look for some kind of low-cost option and will most likely have to spend an hour or two at the library each day in order to take the courses since we still have dial-up and will continue to have it for the near future. I really dropped the ball on that, but that is par for the course. Well, I guess I am mixing metaphors, never mind. "I really sliced the ball but that is par for the course..." doesn't make much sense. I hate golf. Could my failure to get established in public accounting be due to my hatred of and refusal to play golf? One wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment