Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Where was I....

Despite a ton of coffee, I'm extremely tired today.

The interview went pretty well, very casual and one-on-one. I *think* I will probably be invited back for a second interview. One good thing about it would be that it would allow a transition out of accounting, which doesn't appear to be working out for me. Also, the job is much better than I had thought, it is not "hardcore collections" as the interviewer put it, and it involves dealing with international customers so almost all of the communication is done via e-mail [my territory is far enough away to where they would be major time zone differences that make phone calls impractical.]

It is hard to avoid sounding like a stuck record, but I guess it's one of those things where I can't change my focus until the problem of my joblessness is either solved or given up on. I am too tired to think about it right now. I could barely function well enough to grocery shop this morning and I'm afraid I may have to go again later.

I am so depressed that I had an unemployment check I'd gotten a few weeks ago [my initial claim expired and I had to wait for a while to see if they had gotten anything mixed up] and I only now deposited it. And even that was difficult.

Should eat something I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment