Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What would the Bear say?

Looks like I did not exactly set the blogosphere on fire last month. It was a busy month, as was July, although I guess it wasn't my all time low for posts.

Last month I had my monthly failed job interview. I'm not optimistic that I will even get an interview this month, I don't have much on the horizon. I guess the two interviews I had in July can make up for not having one this month. Last week I finally got a rejection letter for the county interview I had back in early July.

I don't talk about books as much as I used to. I'm finishing up a biography of Bear Bryant called THE LAST COACH. Believe it or not, I am a big fan of college football.
It's about the only sport I follow. I wonder what Bear Bryant would say to me. Probably to get off my ass and do something. Not sure what that something would be.

My problem is really that my "skill set" such as it is, is not really something that is in much demand. I'm always a "poor fit" at most jobs, and I'm starting to think maybe I should go back to the factory/unskilled type jobs I worked during my 20s. Of course, those opportunities are gone now.

I feel I'm an intelligent enough person, but that I can't ever seem to do anything with that intelligence. I don't know how much of it is the economy and how much of it is, well, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment