Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ah, interviewing.

Time to get another haircut---haven't done that since January, when I had my fiasco of an interview with the IRS. Also time to iron my suit, which I haven't worn since that same fiasco of an interview. Had to buy a new suit back then, I've lost weight over the past six months to where my old interview suit no longer fit. I figure at least I will get to wear my new suit twice. Most of the time people only wear suits when they're interviewing. Even ties are not worn a whole lot anymore.

I'm studying my governmental accounting/auditing standards. I still have some of my CPA review material, which should cover most of what I need to know as far as governmental accounting. The various audit standards I'm having to look up online.
Doubtful that they will specifically ask about any of this, but I need to be able to demonstrate that I know something about the type of work they do.

It is funny, when I was in school I didn't want to do audit at all. I was determined that tax was what I wanted to do. Now I'm the opposite, I'd rather get away from tax work just because it would take years before I was actually doing anything other than data entry and clerical tasks. And one of the "dream jobs" I had when I started studying accounting was working for a state or local government [other dream employers: a college/university, healthcare, or a non-profit setting.] I'm just really thankful that I'm getting the opportunity to correct my past mistakes. I feel that I would do much better in this environment than I would in a lot of the other jobs I'm looking at.

Still finishing up the James Tiptree biography. It doesn't end well.

No comments:

Post a Comment