Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Am an Auditor for the County.....

...or hope to be. Today I got a call about a county government auditing job I had applied for back in January. I'd taken an accounting test last month and placed 4th out of probably around 100 people. I was not sure if that was good enough to get an interview or not since I figured it might be a situation where you have people tied for various places, but apparently it was.

So I'm brushing up on governmental auditing standards [found an auditor quality assurance program that they have on their website.] Have zero auditing experience, but I'm looking at my old CPA review material. Unfortunately I don't have the Auditing book, but I think I can find most of the important info online.

Having the CPA will help.

Things could be turning around, but the key is to be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment