Saturday, August 7, 2010

Amusing.

I thought I would mess around with Google to see how easy it is to find this blog, and of course learned it is pretty difficult. You basically have to already know this blog well and put in exact phrases that I've used. There are a ton of other blogs and other things called De Minimis, since it's a common term.

Anonymous in a crowd, I like that.

Went to a friend's son's birthday party today, that was fun to see him all excited about everything. I can't help it, I still get excited by my own birthday. I've had a few of them that I spent alone in recent years, but even then I would try to do something special or fun for myself. Still, it's fun to see a kid's enthusiasm and excitement.

Finished another David Lodge book. I find myself getting into "middle-aged men in crisis" novels these days. DEAF SENTENCE was one [although the protagonist was more senior citizen than middle aged]; I've read another called NICE WORK, and today I finished THERAPY. All three are about successful professional men whose worlds are turned upside down, and how they deal with it. Many times, the characters are hung up on the past, which is something I can relate to.

Also reading LONDON FIELDS by Martin Amis, an author that I've always tried to get into but couldn't, but I guess now I'm either old enough or patient enough to get into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment