Thursday, August 5, 2010

Funny.

The blogger software has an automated thing that suggests words or phrases that you've typed before as a shortcut. I typed in waiting and of course a ton of suggestions showed up. Just shows how many times I've been in this position.

No call yet. A week from now I'll either have a tentative job offer [pending some administrative stuff] or will be in the same position I am now, grasping at straws, trying to figure out what to do.

My "application status" was updated yesterday. It remains the same, it just means that someone in their office looked at my file again. The IRS wannabe message board I hang out on has had a lot of people who had this happen a few times end up getting called with an offer. But time is running out. And I'm really thinking this may be my last shot at a job here.

At least the unemployment checks should keep coming for another several months. There's talk of creating a new unemployment tier, but I can't see them doing it. Besides, more tiers are not the solution. I agree with supporting people while they look for work, and wish they could have a situation where people could continue to receive benefits so long as their region had a high unemployment rate, but until people and companies start buying things again, nothing is going to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment