Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Well, looks like it's back to the drawing board.

Bad news: I didn't get the job at the small CPA firm.

Good news: He let me know a week after I interviewed, so now I don't have to worry about it.

It seems like we are in a late summer vacancy drought, so I guess it's time to start sending resumes out all over the place again. Will probably try some of the firms in the area, although I've noticed a lot of them have gotten smart and have quit putting e-mail contact info on their websites.

My wife's birthday was last Sunday. She has to travel around so much for her job that we ended up just relaxing at home. My parents are visiting our fair state, so we're travelling to meet with them this weekend. I haven't seen them in nearly a year. So at least that's something to look forward to.

Whenever I find out I didn't get a job I have mixed feelings. Of course I am disappointed, but then at the same time I am relieved that I don't have to worry about failing. But the longer this goes on, the worse things will get. I have about resigned myself to not really having a real job again. When unemployment runs out I will try to supplement our income through temp work, H&R Block, etc, and of course continue to apply for things, but I'm starting to prepare for the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment